Sunday, March 23, 2014

And Baby Makes Three (an into to O)

There is very little to share about O. He is 4 months and has so far rolled over from tummy to back several times. I think he rolled from back to tummy by himself this morning but am not positive since C was beside him and I don't know if C helped him or not since I wasn't watching.

He has been a super content baby and has also had his days of total melt down. He is big on giggles and I am taking that as a good sign.

During an ultrasound I saw him sucking his hand and felt that he would be a thumb sucker. I have been diligent about offering a Paci every time he began sucking at his hands and it usually appeases him enough. Tonight he finally got his thumb in right and he fell asleep almost immediately. As tempted as I am to just give into him I feel the road in the end will be so much easier if I am breaking a Paci habit over a thumb sucking habit. So the battle is still ongoing.

O's first book was "Goodnight Moon"
His song is: "Lavender Blue" and "Blue Skies"
Nickname (during pregnancy): Pumpkin (though turkey is just as fitting for his due date was Thanksgiving Day)
His Nursery Rhyme: Diddle, Diddle Dumpling
His name comes from "John" (Shane's step-dad) and "Eugene" (Shane's middle name as well as his father's). As my potentially last child it was very hard to pick a name. His middle name was picked the final day in the hospital because I felt it went okay and Shane said he liked it! 

O's favorites so far are: being held, being fed, being held... He likes being rocked, and he prefers being held facing out (which is weird for me). He is the first baby I have carried on my back in my wrap. He likes it. He is also the first one I have had spit-up issues with. And therefore the first I have actually adapted my diet for!

Not much to say for O. He will talk away to anyone who will listen. He cooed up a storm with his "mo-mo" on Skype the other day. I know she is dying to get her hands in him!

He is growing like a weed and I am sure isn't planning on stopping anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment