Saturday, March 22, 2014

a new beginning (Intro to this blog)

When I was a little girl I never liked that most baby dolls were girls. I used to pretend my dolls were baby boys. I don't know why. Now that I have my three sweet boys I am realizing that God just had a plan for me to be a mom of boys. There is no end to the crazy things that come out of my mouth on a daily basis. There is no shortage of humorous antics and blubbering gibberish that pours from the little crazies that I have swarming around me 24/7. While I would be lying if I ever said I have moments where I think how sweet a little girl would be around here, I would NEVER give up the laughter and love that my little monsters have for this momma. Nothing beats a boy hug, or a snotty kiss from a cackling sweaty boy after he tries to tackle his mommy to the ground in a fun game of indoor tackle baseball/basketball (and yes we have played both).

 When a mom`s living room turns into a jungle gym and her couch is a trampoline and the game at hand is to see who can make the loudest THUD when jumping from the coffee table to the floor or couch... then she knows she was born for this life...it is the life of boys. Bugs become a thing of fascination instead of fear. A discovery of a toad in the backyard after dark becomes an internal debate on whether to wake the boys so they can share in the awesome find, or let them sleep and just show them a picture in the morning. (You could always catch it and keep it in an old butter container to show them in the morning and release it all together!) A mom of boys things differently. Noises become a constant. Sound effects are a given. Bumps and bruises loose their ability to phase as the first boy reaches the running phase. Cars will perpetually litter the floor and legos slowly become less painful by the time one has stepped on the 100th one (Okay, that is a lie. However, the ability to feel the ground with the sole of your foot before stepping down has also become a mastered skill and may attribute to fewer instances),

I do know I have no way of comparing this to mothering a girl and I KNOW there are moms of girls who have similar experiences. But this is my truth, of my world; my boy world.

I watch my boys build and destroy what they built. I imagine them growing older and becoming calmer. I imagine them going off and leaving. I imagine the last times they climb in my lap. The last times they come to my side of the bed in the middle of the night and ask to cuddle with me until morning. I think about how big they are already getting and wish I could hold them forever. But there are also times where I forget that "This too shall pass..." and think we will never make it out alive (or at least with our sanity intact). It is in those moments I remember how much they have grown, how quickly they are changing, how time is always marching forward. I have clips of my oldest son when he was just turned three. He yells out "YEAH!" in the video and it is the most adorable sound. I realized he will never say it that way again. He is so stinking big! Time is marching on and I want to remember the things I fear I may forget. So here is my place to do that. This is the place I will put things down and keep in one place as long as I can. You are welcome to join me in reading what is going on with each of them but that is all this will be. It is for me to write what they are each doing, funny things they have said or the antics they have successfully completed to give their momma more grey hairs. So enjoy if you wish... These are my "snips" and "snails" and "puppy-dog tails".

No comments:

Post a Comment